Website map

Monday, December 10, 2012

A new twist on animal sweaters

I really have not ever given much thought to wearing animal-themed sweaters.
However, after taking a look at the post this gal wrote to share here on my blog today, I'm kinda giving it a second thought.
I mean... just look at her owl sweater! Take it away, Lauren!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi y'all! My name is Lauren, and I'm the blogger behind Fizz and Frosting. Since I'm a self-proclaimed clothes horse and shopaholic, I couldn't wait to share one of my favorite trends for fall/winter with y'all. No longer reserved for the twelve and under crowd, cutesy animal-themed sweaters and tops have stormed their way into the fashion scene in a big way, and even though wearing them brings out the kid in me, the last thing I want to do is come off like an overgrown elementary school child. So I've styled my favorite owl sweater for work and play. When it comes to wearing them casually, there really are no rules. Feel free to embrace the whimsy, pairing them with bright colors or mixing prints. For my casual look, I paired the sweater with skinny jeans, a polka dotted popover, and bright yellow heels. I also added a fun crystal necklace to keep the look playful.
For the office, it's a little trickier. I let the sweater be the fun, statement piece and made sure to keep the rest of the outfit conservative. A white oxford, a pencil skirt, and ladylike flats add a serious side. I kept my jewelry understated with a monogram necklace and my everyday watch. wear animal sweater work
So have I convinced you that you need a fun animal sweater? Here are some of my favorite picks: cute animal sweaters ASOS Cat Sweater / J.Crew French Hen / Sugarhill Just the Fox Ma'am / Old Navy Girl's Graphic Sweater So what do you think? Would you wear an animal sweater? Thanks so much to Ashley for letting me guest post today! I'd love for y'all to pop by Fizz and Frosting to say hello! Plus, I know y'all don't want to miss out on my Stella & Dot giveaway that ends Tuesday 12/11!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

What did I say, guys?!
Don't lie. You want an animal sweater now.
No... you NEED an animal sweater now.
Right? Yeah. I thought so.
Now go say hi to her and enter her giveaway, will ya? Thanks.

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Very Cute! I am excited to be a new follower from the GFC blog hop! I hope you will follow me back as well!
    Thanks.
    Jenn

    http://couponcalimom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice!
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from GFC blog hop! I love all these sweaters and I have a slight obsession with owls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute guest post! Love the owl sweater with the yellow heels!
    Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TOTALLY want an animal sweater!!! I love Lauren's owl and I love the chicken (bird? lol) from J.Crew too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha love this Guest Post! :) Animal sweaters are adorable, wish I had one!

    xo Michelle

    Fierce & Fashionable

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the cute animal sweaters, especially the fox one! :)

    I hope you are having a lovely week my dear and thank you so much for linking up to last week's Aloha Friday Blog Hop.

    If you have time, we'd love to have you come back and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete